Software Engineer (iOS)
At Glue, we are building a world where you will return from work to find your groceries in your fridge, your favourite online store parcels in the hallway, and your laundry in the wardrobe. All conveniently and securely delivered while you were out, through our integrated platform solutions and smart lock.
We are a small team of passionate enthusiasts and tech alumni from the likes of Facebook, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Dyson, Sky and Microsoft. Moving quickly comes naturally to us, and we’re looking for someone who can emulate our pace and is keen to learn how we do things - and help us improve as we grow. Our engineering team is growing quickly, and we have interesting challenges to solve as we build solutions for a whole new market.
The Glue ecosystem is a unique combination of mobile apps, backend services, and hardware. No matter what your job description says, you're going to be working with the best from all of these disciplines.
In our London hub, we are growing a dedicated team of talented engineers. We have genuinely interesting challenges to solve as we build solutions for a whole new market, and we’re constantly looking to improve our software and work with teammates who are motivated to influence how our products evolve.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- App benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the Bluetooth protocol (especially BLE) will help
- Stock options – when we succeed, you will too
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Your choice of equipment
- Great office environment with good coffee and free beer
- A free Glue lock!
We can't wait to hear from you! Get in touch via - email@example.com