Software Engineer (Backend)
At Glue, we are building a world where you will return from work to find your groceries in your fridge, your favourite online store parcels in the hallway, and your laundry in the wardrobe. All conveniently and securely delivered while you were out, through our integrated platform solutions and smart lock.
We are a small team of passionate enthusiasts and tech alumni from the likes of Facebook, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Dyson, Sky and Microsoft. Moving quickly comes naturally to us, and we’re looking for someone who can emulate our pace and is keen to learn how we do things - and help us improve as we grow. Our engineering team is growing quickly, and we have interesting challenges to solve as we build solutions for a whole new market.
The Glue ecosystem is a unique combination of mobile apps, backend services, and hardware. No matter what your job description says, you're going to be working with the best from all of these disciplines.
At Glue, we're a growing and dedicated team of engineers. We’ve got genuinely interesting challenges to solve as we build solutions for a whole new market. We’re constantly looking to improve our software and that provides a unique opportunity to influence how our products evolve.
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient distributed architecture
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. Java, C#, Go), with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Not afraid to learn a new language and bring your extensive engineering knowledge to it
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, and RESTful
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Stock options – when we succeed, you will too
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Your choice of equipment
- Great office environment with good coffee and free beer
- A free Glue lock!
We can't wait to hear from you! Get in touch via - firstname.lastname@example.org