Software Engineer (Backend)
At Glue, we're passionate about inventing the future of access. Whether it's letting you know that your kids are home from school, letting in-house guests or providing temporary access for cleaners or for in home deliveries, we want to make the user experience as smooth and secure as possible. We're looking for engineers who are interested in the future possibilities of Glue and of working on and creating fantastic products.
Engineering at Glue
The Glue ecosystem is a unique combination of mobile apps, backend services, and hardware. No matter what your job description says, you're going to be working with the best from all of these disciplines.
At Glue, we're a growing and dedicated team of engineers. We’ve got genuinely interesting challenges to solve as we build solutions for a whole new market. We’re constantly looking to improve our software and that provides a unique opportunity to influence how our products evolve.
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient distributed architecture
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatisation
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. Java, C#, Go), with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Not afraid to learn a new language and bring your extensive engineering knowledge to it
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, and RESTful
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Competitive salary
- Stock options – When we succeed, you will too
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Your choice of equipment
- Great office environment with good coffee and free beer
- A free Glue lock!
Apply to [email protected]